Research opportunity: PhD position in Equine Parasitology
The Melbourne Veterinary School is seeking a PhD candidate for the project 'Studies on parasitic nematodes of Australian Thoroughbred horses' funded by AgriFutures Australia and Thoroughbred Breeders Australia.
Duration of a PhD is usually three years (full-time equivalent). Extensions may be sought in addition to this period.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent along with relevant documents (see How to apply, below) to Associate Professor Abdul Jabbar by Friday 22 June 2018 (Australian Eastern Standard Time). The successful candidate will be asked to apply for a PhD admission at The University of Melbourne.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- Three to five years’ experience in animal practice.
- Experience in large animal practice.
- High motivation to analyse field data into scientific papers.
Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- Ability to work in a team.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to read the position description below. Please note the deadline to submit a letter of intent is Friday 22 June 2018.