The Graduate Diploma in Agribusiness for Veterinarians gives veterinary professionals the opportunity to learn the principles of agricultural business management.
- Develop a broad knowledge of the trends and underlying influences impacting the agribusiness value chain and the global environment
- Gain the ability to articulate and present discussion, analysis and investigative findings
- Learn how to apply analytical methods, models and tools to organisational and industry-related problems and case studies in the agribusiness value chain.
- Apply your heightened understanding of agribusiness issues, problems and challenges to more effective enterprise decision-making and industry resilience and capacity building
- Improve your professional skills including communication, decision making, team work and networking.
- Gain a sound understanding of the role of the veterinarian in the agricultural sector
The course is designed to take into account both current and anticipated future industry needs and is specifically designed to equip you with core business competencies and skills, and to develop their leadership potential.
The graduate diploma will provide an understanding of the factors influencing business decision-making within the agricultural sector across the length of the value chain from primary producers to retailers and consumers.You will emerge well equipped to gain employment in a range of sectors including the agricultural industry, private practice consulting for production animals, government, research and academia. Students may also go on to complete the Master of Agribusiness or the Master of Agricultural Sciences at the University of Melbourne.
You will benefit from a focused learning environment involving international university partners, interacting regularly with other students, academic staff, and industry mentors and from active, extensive networking.
You will also study core agribusiness coursework subjects in addition to undertaking industry placements in relevant organisations. The program will culminate in a capstone internship experience enabling you to develop work-ready skills and contacts within the agricultural sector.