Please Note: This course is not available to international students.
Your pathway into a University of Melbourne degree
- The Diploma of General Studies is a good option for you to explore your study options before committing to a bachelors degree
- Get a taste of Agriculture, Commerce, Design, Science and Biomedicine through our diverse subjects
- Earn credits for an undergraduate degree - or study a single subject
- Receive guranteed entry into selected University of Melbourne bachelor degrees (conditional on meeting requirements)
Whether you've finished high school and you're not sure what you want to do in the future, or if you're already in the workforce and want to advance your career - the Diploma of General Studies (DIGS) is a great option for you.
- Two intakes: Semester 1 (apply via VTAC), Semester 2 (apply directly)
- Duration: 1 year full-time (approx 20 contact hours a week), or 2 years part-time (approx 10 contact hours a week)
- Course delivery: On-campus at Dookie
- Only available to domestic students
Get a taste of tertiary studies
DIGS offer high school graduates a unique opportunity to get a taste of teritary studies in a range of study areas - agriculture, commerce, science, and even in design. The Diploma will support you in your transition to university or employment and may give you guaranteed entry into a University of Melbourne degree depending on your academic performance.
Up-skill and advance your career
If you're already in the workforce, you can study single subjects for professional development. The Diploma offers a diverse subject range and you can view the full list of subjects available here.
Personalised and flexible learning
Enjoy small class sizes and both face-to-face and online learning. It's a learning environment that merges the best of both worlds and allows you to access support and form important study networks.