This program provides veterinarians and veterinary students with specialist training in organisational leadership and management, across a broad range of management settings.
- Gain experience in management decision making
- Understand markets and guide the management of organisations
- Discover the connection between people management decisions and firm outcomes
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of leading a diverse workforce
- Apply knowledge of theory to analyse real and hypothetical problems
- Apply knowledge and skills to solve problems that arise in practical settings and professional contexts in veterinary science
- Develop an integrated understanding of knowledge and practice
- Understand the modern veterinary industry, employing practical skills and the application of knowledge.
- Become a high level professional skilled in communication, decision making, team work and networking.
You will study coursework subjects within the Master of Management program covering a broad spectrum of management activities. The subjects will develop your theoretical and practical knowledge to help you become a successful manager and leader, in areas such as:
- Business decision making,
- Motivating and leading people
- Developing organisational strategies
Additionally, you will participate in relevant industry placements which culminate in a capstone industry subject. This will give you the experiential learning necessary to developing the professional skills required to gain employment in a range of veterinary industries including practice management, private industries such as pharmaceuticals, research, government and non-government organisations.