Fees for international students
Course fees are calculated as if a student undertakes one year of full-time study. This is called 1 x EFTSL (Equivalent Full Time Study Load). If course duration is less than one year, or the student studies less than a full-time study load, fees are adjusted accordingly.
The indicative total course fee is based on typical subject enrolments and does not take into account any advanced standing for prior studies.
Fees are reviewed annually by the University and vary depending on subjects within the course.
If you are an international student, you may be eligible for a range of scholarships or grants.
Scholarships and Awards
The Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences provides the following Scholarships and Awards for students studying Food Sciences; please review your eligibility before applying.
- The Robinson Family Scholarship
Externally Funded Scholarships
For information about External Scholarships and Funding, take a look at:
- Australian Council of Agricultural Societies (ACAS) and Coca-Cola Scholarship
- AM Howard Memorial Trust
- Australian Agriculture Scholarship
- Australian Endeavour Awards
- Career Harvest Horizon Scholarships
- Department of Agriculture and Food Scholarships
- Australian Wool Innovation Limited
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- PICCC Research Scholarship (partially funded by UniMelb)
- Frederick Richard O’Connell Scholarship
- Gardiner Foundation
- Grape and Wine Research and Development
- Nuffield Australia Farming Scholarships
- Poultry CRC Scholarships
- Royal Agricultural Society of NSW
- Rural Finance Scholarships
- The Rural Elmore Charity Ball Scholarship
- The National Meat Industry Scholarship
- The Solander Program
- Victorian International Research Scholarship
The fees for this degree are listed below, indicative for 2018.
100 point program
1 year full-time / 2 years part-time
The fees displayed are for international students. If you are a domestic student, please select this option at the top right of this page.
Typical course fee for 2018: $39,936 AUD / year
Duration indicated is maximum course duration. May be completed in less EFTSL depending upon academic background and/or relevant work experience.