Develop your capacity for independent study and research
- Choose from a number of projects offered across disciplines that cover the general areas of veterinary biology, animal science and welfare
- Integrate your previous science or technology studies with advanced studies in veterinary bioscience
- Focus your knowledge, skills and intellect on an exciting piece of original research
Advanced coursework component
The advanced coursework component provides opportunities for increasing your depth of knowledge in a particular area of interest and expanding the theoretical basis on which you will undertake your research work. It provides you with the opportunity to develop expertise in the broad scientific field(s) in which your individual research project is placed, including the methodologies of the relevant field(s), and the use of the scientific literature in their specialist area of study.
The research project provides you with the opportunity to apply your knowledge and technical skills in a supervised research project and develop skills in experimental design, project implementation and in the communication of the outcomes of a research project. The project will develop technical and data acquisition skills, problem‐solving and critical thinking capacities in the context of research, skills in communicating to a variety of audiences and the application of appropriate risk assessment and ethical approval processes.
- Draw together your previous science, biomedical or health science studies and focus your knowledge, skills and intellect on an exciting piece of original research
- Demonstrate your capacity for independent study and research
- Develop the skills necessary for transition to employment in a range of occupations and industries or a research higher degree
For further information contact:
Associate Professor Ken Snibson
Veterinary Bioscience Honours Coordinator
Tel: +61 3 8344 8716