- Develop advanced learning in research skills and mastery of appropriate techniques, such as the use of archival or primary evidence, analysis of data and judgment of conflicting evidence
- Develop specialist knowledge in the area of your research
- Present the results of your research in publishable quality or work towards incorporating their findings in further research
- Gain access to certain types of employment through this specialist qualification
- Develop an understanding of, and commitment to, research ethics or code of practice
Develop advanced skills in carrying out independent and sustained research
The Master of Philosophy is an internationally recognised masters (by research) degree.
The thesis should demonstrate a critical application of specialist knowledge and make an independent contribution to existing scholarship in the area of research. Candidates are expected to meet regularly with their supervisor(s) and to present their work in the Faculty’s research seminar program. They are assisted to participate in relevant national or international conferences. A thesis is submitted in fulfilment of the degree.
The format of the thesis must follow prescriptions laid down by the University. Further information can be found here: http://gradresearch.unimelb.edu.au/examination
Learn more about research areas within the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences