Please Note: This course is not available to international students.
Advanced clinical training under the mentorship of registered specialists
- Undertake supervised investigation and management of clinical cases in a selected field of veterinary clinical science
- Invaluable preparation for the FANZCVS certifying examinations
- Supervising staff are members of the American, Australian and European specialty Colleges of Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Pathology, Anaesthesiology, Equine Medicine, Equine Surgery and Clinical Pharmacology
- Offered concurrently with the Master of Veterinary Science (Clinical) as part of the Clinical Training Program.
The Master of Veterinary Studies runs parallel with training for the Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (FANZCVS), or other equivalent American or European Colleges, and involves attending and participating in clinical rounds, seminars, journal club and post-mortem presentations.
Achieve a breadth and depth of knowledge in a veterinary science discipline
- Attain an advanced level of appropriate diagnostic, therapeutic and technical (including instrumentation) skills
- Develop preliminary research skills, including the ability to search and critically review literature, and other relevant data bases, define questions/hypotheses, design and execute experimental studies, analyse and interpret results and to write reports and papers
- Be effective in verbal and written scientific communication at the professional and community levels
- Develop interpersonal and organisation skills towards leadership within the profession and the community
- Prepare to pass examinations by the relevant certifying boards of professional bodies