Agribusiness for Veterinarians Faculty Scholarship
The Graduate Diploma in Agribusiness for Veterinarians program provides veterinary professionals with the opportunity to learn the principles of agricultural business management. The course is designed to take into account both current and anticipated future industry needs. The Faculty is pleased to be able to offer a scholarship to a student taking this course.
If you are currently studying or commencing in the DVM and in this Diploma and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could assist you financially.
- Up to $26,000 for domestic students
- Up to $30,000 for international students
The scholarship is a fee remission, and will cover the full cost of additional course fees for the Diploma.
- Applicants must be a graduate of a Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent.
- Applicants must be accepted into, or currently enrolled in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program at the University of Melbourne.
- Applicants who have already commenced their studies within the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine must be currently enrolled full time and in good standing.
- An interview may be utilised to distinguish applicants of equal academic merit.
Terms & Conditions
- Students must maintain full time enrolment in the DVM, which requires them to overload their enrolment.
- Students must maintain with good standing in both programs., and they must not be identified as being at risk of, or making unsatisfactory progress.
- If a recipient takes leave of absence for all or part of a year, the scholarship will be suspended for the duration of the leave period.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
- If the recipient fails a subject, payment of the scholarship will be suspended for that semester in with the failure occurs. Payment will also be suspended for any period in which the recipient is required to repeat a failed subject. Payment will be terminated if the recipient ceases to be enrolled in either the DVM or the Diploma program.
- The scholarship will be paid according to the enrolment load in each year, and may be paid over 3 or 4 years based on the length of enrolment of the individual student.