DIGS Transition Scholarship
The DIGS Transition Scholarship supports students from disadvantaged regional backgrounds to make the transition to university. The scholarship is designed to support the student transitioning to a Bachelor Degree at the Parkville Campus after completing the Diploma in General Studies at Dookie.
Several Scholarships up to $5,000* in value are available for the 2018 intake ( *TBC)
To be considered for a DiGS Transition Scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- have successfully completed the DIGS program and received an offer for a bachelor degree at the University of Melbourne for semester 1 2018, and
- Enrol full-time in your course, unless documentary evidence for reasons why you cannot enrol full-time is provided; and
- Remain enrolled in the bachelor degree until after the census date in each semester.
In addition, you must demonstrate:
- financial need
- meet the rural student criteria
Terms & Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments after Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
- Amounts are payable as a pro-rata if enrolment is less than full time
- Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period
Recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as At Risk of, or making unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
How to apply
- Applications Open: December 2017
- Applications Close: March 2018 ( exact date TBC)