DiGS Transition Scholarship
The DiGS Transition Scholarship supports students from disadvantaged regional backgrounds to make the transition to university. The scholarship is designed to support the student transitioning to a bachelor's degree at the Parkville Campus after completing the Diploma in General Studies at Dookie.
Several Scholarships up to $5,000* in value are available for the 2018 intake.
To be considered for a DiGS Transition Scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- have successfully completed the DIGS program and received an offer for a bachelor's degree at the University of Melbourne for semester one, 2018; and
- enrol full-time in your course, unless documentary evidence for reasons why you cannot enrol full-time is provided; and
- remain enrolled in the bachelor's degree until after the census date in each semester.
In addition, you must:
- demonstrate financial need
- meet the rural student criteria.
Terms & Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments, after semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications open: December 2017
- Applications close: 4 March 2018