Diploma in General Studies Scholarships
The Diploma in General Studies scholarships support students from disadvantaged backgrounds to make the transition to university. These scholarships are designed to contribute to the costs associated with beginning university, such as Student Services and Amenities Fees, books, discipline-specific equipment, and technological devices.
Several scholarships up to $5000* in value are available for the 2018 intake.
* amounts can vary depending on the time at which the scholarship is awarded (linked to course duration)
To be considered for a DiGS scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- meet the criteria for entry to the Diploma in General Studies in 2018; and
- enrol full-time in your course, unless documentary evidence for reasons why you cannot enrol full-time is provided; and
- remain enrolled in the DIGS until after the census date in each semester.
In addition, depending on the type of scholarship for which you apply, you must:
- demonstrate financial need; or
- meet the rural student criteria; or
- be an Indigenous Australian.
Selection is based on documented disadvantage and preference is given to students from the Hume region.
Deferring your scholarship
Scholarships cannot be deferred and must be taken up in the 2018 academic year.
How to apply
- Applications open: December 2017
- Applications close: 3 March 2018