Diploma in General Studies Scholarships
The Diploma in General Studies Scholarships support students from disadvantaged backgrounds to make the transition to university. Scholarships are designed to contribute to the costs associated with beginning university, such as Student Services and Amenities Fees, books, discipline-specific equipment and technological devices
Several Scholarships up to $5,000* in value are available for the 2017 intake ( *amounts can vary depending at what time the scholarship is awarded. it is linked to the course duration)
How to apply
To be considered for a DiGS Scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- Meet the criteria for entry to the Diploma in General Studies in 2017; and
- Enrol full-time in your course, unless documentary evidence for reasons why you cannot enrol full-time is provided; and
Remain enrolled in the DIGS until after the Census date in each Semester
In addition, depending on the type of scholarship for which you apply, you must demonstrate:
- financial need or
- meet the rural student criteria or
- Be an Indigenous Australian.
Selection is based on documented disadvantage and preference is given to students from the Hume region.
Deferring your scholarship
Scholarships cannot be deferred and must be taken up in the 2017 academic year.
How to Apply
- Applications Open: Now
- Applications Close: 5pm 30 July 2017