Dr James (Jim) Richard Gannon Scholarship
Established in 2011 by Kerry Bradley and Michele Gannon-Miller in commemoration of their father Jim Gannon (1930-2010), who was a leading veterinary practioner and teacher.
The Dr James (Jim) Richard Gannon Scholarship will be awarded by the Faculty of Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences to a student entering final year of the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine who can demonstrate an ongoing interest in small animal medicine with preference given to an applicant who demonstrates an interest in greyhounds.
Duration: one-off payment
* Based on 2017 award
All DVM4 students for use in final year, however preference will be given to an applicant who demonstrates an interest in small animal medicine and greyhounds.
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship will be awarded based on recommendations of the DVM Scholarship Committee.
- Academic performance will be used as a criterion in selecting the recipient of the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in small animal medicine with preference given to an applicant who demonstrates an interest in greyhounds.
- The scholarship recipient is expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
The scholarship recipient must provide a report (of approximately 500 words) prior to Capstone Week. The report should outline the impact the bursary made on their veterinary education. The report must be suitable for presentation to the donor and should highlight the importance of the bursary to the student in achieving the goals of their placement.
- The scholarship recipient may be required to present at Capstone Week.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a letter outlining their demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in small animal medicine (particularly greyhound health) after graduation.
The letter should be no more than 500 words in length and must not be handwritten.
A resume is not required.
Applications open: Mid January 2018 (TBC)
Applications close: Early February 2018 (TBC)
Application outcomes are usually available within two months of closing date