DVM Travel Bursaries 2018
The Faculty of Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences is able to provide travel bursaries to assist DVM4 students in meeting the travel, accommodation and living expenses costs of their final year extramural placements. Preference will be given to students who can demonstrate socioeconomic/financial hardship.
These bursaries have been provided through the generous support of Faculty donors.
TBC for 2019.
The faculty offered 10 $1000 bursaries in 2018.
All DVM4 students.
Terms & Conditions
- The bursary will be awarded based on recommendations of the FVAS DVM Scholarship Committee.
- The bursary will be awarded based on:
- Applicants must submit a statement addressing items i and ii in point 2 above. The statement should be no more than 500 words in length and must not be handwritten.
- Supporting Documentation: the applicant should include a statement of no more than 200 words that details the socioeconomic/financial hardship they have faced. The table below shows the types of additional documentation that can also be used to support your application. Please note that the applicant's family name and address must be on the documentation.
DOCUMENTATION FINANCIAL DISADVANTAGED Centrelink Benefits/Payments Y Family Tax Benefit A Y Official Letters Y Y Statutory Declarations Y Y Medical Certificates Y Medical Letters/References Y
- A resume is not required
- Students must be in good academic standing (no pending supplementary or special examinations). Academic records will not otherwise be considered in the selection process.
- Bursary recipients will be expected to conduct a 15 minute oral presentation during Capstone Week describing their placement experiences.
- i. demonstration of the potential value to the student of the learning experience
- ii. the relevance of the experience to the student’s career aspirations
- iii. demonstration of socioeconomic/financial hardship – refer to supporting documentation
- iv. the quality of the application
How to apply
Applications are currently closed. Please check back later in the year.
Application outcomes are usually available within two months of closing date.