Ian Roach Family Scholarship
Donated by Mrs Judy Roach to commemorate her family, particularly her husband Ian Roach AO (1925-2003) BAgrSc (1950), formerly Chairman of the Australian Stock Exchange.
If you are commencing as a full-time student in the Bachelor of Agriculture, and can demonstrate academic achievement, financial need and are from rural or regional Australia, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Award value: Up to $20,000*
Duration: three years. $10,000 paid in first year followed by payments of $2,500 each semester for subsequent two years.
* Based on 2016 prize
How to apply
Terms and Conditions
This scholarship is paid in instalments each semester, after standard Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
- Amounts are payable as a pro-rata if enrolment is less than full time
- Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period
Recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as At Risk of, or making unsatisfactory progress.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be enrolled to commence full-time study in a Bachelor of Agriculture
- demonstrate academic merit
- be able to demonstrate financial need
- have a permanent address in rural or regional Australia
- Applications Open: Mid-December 2016
- Applications Close: 3 March 2017