Irene Rogers (Lowe) Scholarship for Agriculture
Awarded to support women undertaking studies in agriculture.
Established in 2013 by Mr Bill Rogers AO to commemorate his mother Irene Rogers nee Lowe (1895-1983), who was the first female student in the Bachelor of Agricultural Science and the first female student at Dookie.
If you are a female student commencing or currently studying a Bachelor of Agriculture, and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Award value: Up to $1000*
Duration: one year
* Based on 2017 award
How to apply
Terms and Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments after Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
- Amounts are payable as a pro-rata if enrolment is less than full time
- Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period
Recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as At Risk of, or making unsatisfactory progress.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be female
- be enrolled, or enrolled to commence study, in the Bachelor of Agriculture
- demonstrate academic merit
- Applications Open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications Close: 4 March 2018