Loxton Bequest Scholarship
This prize was established with funds bequeathed by Francis Henry Loxton (d. 1959), to support students in agriculture and veterinary science.
If you are a male student commencing or currently studying a Bachelor of Agriculture or in the DVM, and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Up to $15,000*
Duration: payment each semester for the standard duration of the course.
* based on 2017 award. Values can differ between courses.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be male
- be enrolled, or enrolled to commence study, in a Bachelor of Agriculture, the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (via the Animal Health and Disease major [Veterinary Bioscience specialisation] in the third year of the Bachelor of Science), or as a graduate in the first year of the DVM program
- demonstrate academic merit.
Terms & Conditions
This scholarship is paid in instalments each semester, after the standard semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications close: 3 March 2018