Loxton Bequest Scholarship
This prize was established with funds bequeathed by Francis Henry Loxton (d. 1959), to support students in agriculture and veterinary science.
If you are a male student commencing or currently studying a Bachelor of Agriculture or in the DVM, and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Up to $15,000*
Duration: payment each semester for the standard duration of the course.
* based on 2017 award. Values can differ between courses.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be male
- be enrolled, or enrolled to commence study, in a Bachelor of Agriculture, the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (via the Animal Health and Disease major [Veterinary Bioscience specialisation] in the third year of the Bachelor of Science), or as a graduate in the first year of the DVM program
- demonstrate academic merit.
Terms & Conditions
This scholarship is paid in instalments each semester, after the standard semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period.
Recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications close: 3 March 2018