Nancy Millis Agricultural Students Scholarship
The scholarship, established in 2010 by an anonymous gift, honours Emeritus Professor Nancy Millis AC MBE (1922-2012), agricultural science alumna, distinguished microbiologist, pioneering biotechnologist and renowned educator.
If you are commencing a Bachelor of Agriculture or Master of Agricultural Sciences, are from a rural or regional area, and can demonstrate financial need , this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Award value: Up to $10,000
Duration: one year
* Based on 2017 prize. Amounts can vary depending on entry point.
How to apply
Terms and Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments after standard Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
- Amounts are payable as a pro-rata if enrolment is less than full time
- Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period
Recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as At Risk of, or making unsatisfactory progress.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be commencing study in Bachelor of Agriculture or Master of Agricultural Sciences
- have a permanent address in a rural area
- be able to demonstrate financial need
- Applications Open: Mid-December 2016
- Applications Close: 3 March 2017