Nancy Millis Agricultural Students Scholarship
The Nancy Millis Agricultural Students Scholarship, established in 2010 by an anonymous gift, honours Emeritus Professor Nancy Millis AC MBE (1922-2012), agricultural science alumna, distinguished microbiologist, pioneering biotechnologist, and renowned educator.
If you are commencing a Bachelor of Agriculture or Master of Agricultural Sciences, are from a rural or regional area, and can demonstrate financial need, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Up to $10,000*
Duration: one year
* based on 2017 prize. Amounts can vary depending on entry point.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be commencing study in the Bachelor of Agriculture or Master of Agricultural Sciences
- have a permanent address in a rural area
- be able to demonstrate financial need.
Terms & Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments, after the standard semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period.
Recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications close: 3 March 2018