Vam Deo Dhar Scholarship
Mr Vam Deo (Vic) Dhar (1931-2007) was born in India and undertook his BAgrSc (1954) and MAgrSc (1955) at the University of Melbourne. He left funds for the establishment of a scholarship to support international students studying agriculture.
If you are a full-time international student commencing or currently studying agriculture, and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Award value: up to $2500*
Duration: one year
*based on 2017 award
How to apply
Terms and Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments after standard Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
- Amounts are payable as a pro-rata if enrolment is less than full time
- Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period
Recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as At Risk of, or making unsatisfactory progress.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an international student, studying full-time
- be enrolled in, or enrolled to commence study in the field of agriculture
- demonstrate academic merit
- Applications Open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications Close: 4 March 2018