Vam Deo Dhar Scholarship
Mr Vam Deo (Vic) Dhar (1931-2007) was born in India and undertook his BAgrSc (1954) and MAgrSc (1955) at the University of Melbourne. He left funds for the establishment of a scholarship to support international students studying agriculture.
If you are a full-time international student commencing or currently studying agriculture, and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Up to $2500*
Duration: one year
*based on 2017 award
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an international student, studying full-time
- be enrolled in, or enrolled to commence study in the field of agriculture
- demonstrate academic merit.
Terms & Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments, after the standard semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications close: 3 March 2018