Wildlife Disease Association (Australasian Section) Conference Bursaries
The Wildlife Disease Association (Australasian Section) Conference Bursaries will be awarded by the Faculty of Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences to two students to be used towards registration, travel and/or accommodation costs to attend the 2017 Annual WDA-A Conference on 24-29 Septemeber a Falls Creek, Victoria
These bursaries are provided through the generous support of Dr Amanda Jane Breidahl (BVSc 1979).
There are two bursaries of $1,000 each.
This bursary is open to all current DVM students who demonstrate an interest in wildlife health.
An applicant may only be awarded this bursary one time.
Terms & Conditions
1. The bursary will be awarded based on recommendations of the FVAS Scholarship Committee. The committee may, as part of its deliberations, consult with experts in the field of wildlife health.
2. Academic performance may be used as a criterion in selecting the recipient of the scholarship.
3. The bursary recipients must:
- Become student members of WDA-A (if they are not already a member) prior to the annual conference;
- Attend the 2017 WDA-A Annual Conference in Falls Creek, Victoria, 24-29 September 2017;
- After attending the conference, bursary recipients must prepare and submit a short written report (maximum 250 words) describing how their attendance at the WDA-A annual conference contributed to their understanding of wildlife health as well as their future career plans and opportunities. The report must be submitted via email to Kate Gordon-Addison by 13 October 2017; a copy will be provided to Dr Breidahl.
How to apply
Applicants must demonstrate their interest in wildlife health by providing the following documentation:
- A short resume/CV
- A statement (maximum 250 words) describing why they want to attend the WDA-A Conference, and how it will benefit their education
- Supplementary documents such as references or letters of support from wildlife health practitioners or similar
Applications that do not comply with the above instructions will not be considered
Applications open: Now
Applications close: 16 June 2017
Application outcomes are usually available within two months of closing date.