William Allen Stewart Bursary
Established in 1999 with funds bequeathed to the University by Dr William Allan Stewart (d 1958) medical practitioner of Monegeetta.
If you are currently studying or commencing a Bachelor of Agriculture, Bachelor of Agriculture Honours or a Bachelor of Science Honours in Agricultural Science or Veterinary Bioscience, or in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and can demonstrate academic achievement; this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Award value: up to $5000*
Duration: one year
- Based on 2017 award
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be enrolled in, or enrolled to commence study in a Bachelor of Agriculture, Bachelor of Agriculture Honours or a Bachelor of Science Honours in Agricultural Science or Veterinary Bioscience, or in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- demonstrate academic merit
- demonstrate financial need
*Please note scholars are not eligible to receive both a William Allen Stewart Bursary and a William Allen Stewart Scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
Annual scholarships are paid in two instalments after Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
- Amounts are payable as a pro-rata if enrolment is less than full time
- Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period
Scholarship recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as At Risk of, or making unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications Open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications Close: 3 March 2018