William Allen Stewart Scholarship
Established in 1999 with funds bequeathed to the University by Dr William Allan Stewart (d 1958) medical practitioner of Monegeetta.
If you are currently studying or commencing a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (or accelerated pathway via the third year of the Bachelor of Science Veterinary Bioscience specialisation) Bachelor of Agriculture, Bachelor of Agriculture (Honours) or Master of Agricultural Science, and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Award value: up to $30,000
Duration: standard course duration (dependent upon entry point)
* Based on 2016 prize
How to apply
Terms and Conditions
Annual scholarships are paid in two instalments after Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
- Amounts are payable as a pro-rata if enrolment is less than full time
- Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period
Scholarship recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as At Risk of, or making unsatisfactory progress.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be enrolled in, or enrolled to commence study in a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (or accelerated pathway via the third year of the Bachelor of Science Veterinary Bioscience specialisation) Bachelor of Agriculture, Bachelor of Agriculture (Honours) or Master of Agricultural Sciences
- demonstrate academic merit
*Please note scholars are not eligible to receive both a William Allen Stewart Bursary and a William Allen Stewart Scholarship.
- Applications Open: Mid-December 2016
- Applications Close: 3 March 2017