William Allen Stewart Scholarship
The William Allen Stewart Scholarship was established in 1999 with funds bequeathed to the University by Dr William Allan Stewart (d. 1958), medical practitioner of Monegeetta.
If you are currently studying or commencing a Bachelor of Agriculture, Bachelor of Agriculture (Honours), a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Agricultural Science or Veterinary Bioscience, Master of Agricultural Sciences or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Duration: standard course duration (dependent upon entry point)
* Based on 2017 prize. The value is linked to the duration.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be enrolled in, or enrolled to commence study in a Bachelor of Agriculture, Bachelor of Agriculture (Honours), a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Agricultural Science or Veterinary Bioscience, Master of Agricultural Sciences or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- demonstrate academic merit.
Please note, scholars are not eligible to receive both a William Allen Stewart Bursary and a William Allen Stewart Scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments, after the standard semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period.
Recipients are expected to attend an award ceremony. Failure to attend (without extenuating circumstances) may result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications close: 3 March 2018