Open Day 2019
Do you want to be a part of the next generation of veterinarians, agricultural and food scientists and researchers?
Come and explore veterinary, agricultural and food sciences at Open Day in Parkville, our largest event of the year, where you can get a glimpse of life as a University of Melbourne student.
Location: Parkville campus – Western Edge Biosciences Building 125, Royal Parade
The Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences will have course information booths, tours, exhibitions and demonstrations at Western Edge Biosciences Building 125, dog demonstrations at MacFarland Court and course advice for majors in the Bachelor of Science in Wilson Hall foyer. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine course information sessions will run in Theatre A, Elisabeth Murdoch Building, while Bachelor of Agriculture and Diploma in General Studies course information sessions in the Lower Theatre Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences Building 142.
Here are our top to-dos:
- Attend a course information session and chat to our knowledgeable staff and current students at our information booths
- Tour our new world-class biosciences building
- Watch our detection and training dogs in action and learn how to perform canine CPR and intubate a dog
- Taste our agricultural produce
- Meet some native animals and learn all about wildlife