The Animal Production group can provide comprehensive in vivo assessment of feeds, supplements or complex diets in multiple species.
The Animal Production team can provide comprehensive information regarding feeds and/or supplements in production animals. Using research facilities, in conjunction with the Dookie farm as required, we can provide in-depth assessments of feeds including information such as:
- Individual or group animal intake
- Growth rates and efficiency
- Milk production and milk quality in dairy cattle
- Biomarkers of efficiency including hormones and metabolites
- Assessment of tissue deposition (in live animals or meat) using DXA technologies
- Additional measures available on request.
Associated research groups
Research groups that offer or are affiliated with this capability.
Please email us for more information or to work with us.