Development of novel bio-organic fertilisers
This project aims to optimise the on-site ammonia capture performance of modified lignite in order to reduce nitrogen loss and air pollution, by collaborating with Exergen and partners in China.
Aerated static pile composting systems will be developed to generate carbon-based organic fertiliser using modified lignite, straw, livestock manure and thermophilic microorganisms.
- Professor Deli Chen, School of Agriculture and Food
- Professor Jizheng (Jim) He, School of Agriculture and Food
- Dr Clayton Butterly, School of Agriculture and Food
- Dr Bing Han, School of Agriculture and Food
- Funded by: Victoria-Jiangsu Technology (VIC-JS TECH) Program
Professor Deli Chen