Agricultural & Resource Economics and Agribusiness (AREA)
The Agricultural & Resource Economics and Agribusiness (AREA) group assesses questions from farm, agricultural and natural resource management and policy, and agrifood and agribusiness economics.
Research Group Contact Information
Name & Honorifics: Dr Alex Sinnett, AREA leader
Department: School of Agriculture and Food
Phone: +61 3 8344 7390
Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences, The University of Melbourne
- Assoc. Prof. Bob Farquharson
- Assoc. Prof. Bill Malcolm
- Assoc. Prof. Brian Davidson
- Assoc. Prof. Garry Griffith
- Dr. Nanette Esparon
- Dr Alex Sinnett
- Mr Paul Deane
|Mike Stephens||Growth and decline of farm businesses over generations of farm families|
|Sam Henty||Economic analysis of ameliorating subsoil constraints using subsoil manuring|
|Koi Li||Developing and Applying an Equilibrium Displacement Model of the Australian Grains Industry|
|Andrew Whitelaw||Behavioural determinants of the adoption of financial price risk management tools by Australian wheat producers|
|Ben Thomas||Horticultural replacement investment decisions|
|Chinthani Rathnayake||The effect of a glyphosate ban on the Sir Lankan tea industry|
|Julio Salas Mayaregger||Small farm development and investment in Paraguay|
|Patrick MacKarness||Leasing agricultural land|
|Hemali Mudiyanselage||An Environmental Economic Analysis of Agricultural Production in Tank Cascade System in Sri Lanka|
Members of this Research Domain edit and publish the Australasian Agribusiness Review, Australian Agribusiness Perspectives, and the AFBM Journal, see www.agrifood.info.
- Farquharson, R., Abadi, A., Finlayson, J., Ramilan, T., Liu, D.L., Anwar, M., Clark, S., Robertson, S., Mendham, D., Thomas, Q. and McGrath, J. (2013). EverFarm® - Climate adapted perennial-based farming systems for dryland agriculture in southern Australia, National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility, http://www.nccarf.edu.au/publications4, Gold Coast, pp 157.
- Lewis, C.D., Malcolm, B., Jacobs, J.L., Spangenberg, G. and Smith, K.F. (2013), ‘A method to estimate the potential net benefits of trait improvements in pasture species: Transgenic white clover for livestock grazing systems’, AFBM Journal 10, 30-45.
- Davidson, B. & Hellegars, P. (2011), ‘Estimating the own-price elasticity of demand for irrigation water in the Musi catchment of India’, Journal of Hydrology, vol. 408 pp. 226-34.
- Griffith, G.R., Pollock, K.S. and Burrow, H.M. (2013), ‘How Did We Go? Revisiting the Ex Ante Economic Impact Assessment of the CRC for Beef Genetic Technologies, as at the Cessation of Funding’, Australasian Agribusiness Review Vol. 21, Paper 5, pp.83-100. Available at: http://www.agrifood.info/review/2013/Griffith-et-al.pdf
- Andres Valdivieso, A., McSweeney, P. and Esparon, N. (2011), ‘The Australia-Chile Free Trade Agreement and prospects for trade in fresh fruit: the cherry industry’, Australasian Agribusiness Review, Vol. 19, Paper 4, pp. 44-63. Available at: http://www.agrifood.info/review/2011/Valdivieso-McSweeney_Esparon.pdf
- Ramilan T., Scrimgeour F.G., Levy G., Marsh D., and Romera A.J. (2011), ‘Simulation of alternative dairy farm pollution abatement policies’, Environmental Modelling & Software, 26(1), 2-7.