Unlocking the food value chain: Australian food industry transformation for ASEAN markets
This project aimed to assess and understand the physiological, emotional, and sensory responses of Asian vs Western consumers towards chocolate products.
During this project, a bio-sensory application was developed to display the sensory questionnaires and automatically record videos from participants. Furthermore, computer vision algorithms were developed to assess physiological and emotional responses from consumers.
Cross-cultural studies between Asian and Western consumers were conducted to assess differences among their behaviour/responses towards different chocolate and snack products to understand the different markets.
- Associate Professor Sigfredo Fuentes
- Dr Claudia Gonzalez Viejo
- Dr Damir D Torrico, Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Professor Frank Dunshea, School of Agriculture and Food, the University of Melbourne
- Funded by: Australian Research Council
- Grant number: IH120100053
- Funding: Funding body $2 million, total project $10 million
Associate Professor Sigfredo Fuentes