Lower Theatre, Building 142 Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences University of Melbourne Parkville, Melbourne
The annual Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences PhD Symposium will showcase the research undertaken by PhD candidates across the Melbourne Veterinary School and the School of Agriculture and Food. The PhD symposium is hosted by the Agrifoodies Postgraduate Committee will take place on the 14th and 15th November 2019 at the Parkville campus.
The PhD Symposium provides an opportunity for PhD candidates to present their work to a University and public audience. The PhD Symposium is a valuable part of the FVAS Research Week program and reflects the 2019 Research Week theme Responding to Challenges of tomorrow.
Oral presentations from PhD candidates will span eight sub-themes:
Thursday 14 November
- Microbiology & Immunology 2.10-3.05pm
- Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology 3.35-4:40pm
- Microbiology, Immunology & Parasitology 4.45-5.40pm
Friday 15 November
- Food Science 10.25-11.40am
- Large Animal Production & Preclinical Research 11:45am-1:20pm
- Soil Science & Crop Science 2.00-2.45pm
- Plant & Crop Science 2.50-3.35pm
- Large Animal Production & Meat Science 4:05-4:50pm
A panel of experts will award prizes to highly scored presentations.
The PhD Symposium will open with a keynote address from Professor Paul Taylor. Other speakers include Ms Hollis Ashman discussing sensory and consumer's perspective on the Symposium theme, and a presentation from Warren Frehse on job search strategies for industry research roles. The closing statement and awards will be presented by Professor Richard Eckard.
For a full program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.