Research Showcase – Responding to the Challenges of Tomorrow: Posters and Interactive Displays
Collaborative Learning Centre G-04, WEBS Building, University of Melbourne, Royal Parade, Parkville, VIC 3010
Hosted by Professor Frank Dunshea and facilitated by our Heads of School, the Research Showcase will include a number of posters and interactive displays under the Research Week theme Responding to the challenges of tomorrow.
This event provides an opportunity for the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences to showcase its unique research breadth and interdisciplinary capabilities. Along with the transfer of knowledge and skills, research is our contribution to socioeconomic prosperity and global sustainability. Our Faculty has much to contribute to the challenges facing the planet.
With a view to establishing new collaborations and highlighting existing collaborative research, the Showcase will bring to the fore the range and excellence of the Faculty’s research expertise, facilities and impact, as well as its collaborative and interdisciplinary approach to tackling challenges at the nexus of human, animal, plant and environmental wellbeing.
- Sonja Needs: Improving the training, motivation and assessment of detection dogs in the field of invasive weeds
- Dorin Gupta, Sajitha Biju and Mahya Tavan: Sustaining Crop Production Under Uncertainties
- Sigfredo Fuentes, Claudia Gonzalez Viejo, Vicky Summerson: New and Emerging Technologies for the Agriculture of the Future
- Stewart Ryan: 3D printed simulation models for clinical skills training in veterinary science
- Abdul Jabbar: Responding to the challenges of preventing human parasitic diseases in developing countries: A pig vaccine to control human neurocysticercosis.
You are welcome to attend some or all of the Research Showcase.
This event is part of Research Week: showcasing, celebrating and progressing research at the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.