Research Showcase - Responding to the Challenges of Tomorrow: Snapshot Presentations
Forum Theatre, Level 1, Arts West - North Wing, The University of Melbourne, Royal ParadeMap
Hosted by Professor Frank Dunshea, the Research Showcase provides an opportunity for the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences to showcase its unique research breadth and transdisciplinary capabilities. Dean of the Faculty Professor John Fazakerley will open the event and present a talk on Tackling the challenges of tomorrow.
This will be followed by researchers from across the Faculty who will present their research in the form of 8-minute snapshot presentations:
- Professor Chris Whitton, Determining the limits of the equine skeleton
- Professor Ruth Nettle, Farm practice change in Australia
- Dr Lauren Hemsworth, ProHand: targeting animal welfare
- Dr Margaret Ayre, Collaborative research supporting Indigenous land and sea management
- Dr Marc Marenda, Developing a vaccine against Avian Colibacillosis
- Melindee Hastie, The influence of consumer cultural heritage on the perception of sheepmeat eating quality and sensitivity to meat ageing method
- Professor Caroline Mansfield, Microbiome and interaction with brain and systemic disease
- Dr Anita Lawrence, The great food transformation. How does the EAT Lancet Planetary Health recommended diet compare with the 2013 Australian Dietary Guidelines and Australian diets in 2011-2?
- Professor Joanne Devlin, Wildlife and zoonoses
- Dr Surinder Singh Chauhan, Amelioration of heat stress impacts in dairy cows
- Professor Rebecca Traub, The necessity for a One Health intervention to zoonotic ancylostomiasis in the Asia Pacific
- Dr Helen Suter, Improving the nitrogen use efficiency in high rainfall dairy to minimise environmental impact
This event is part of Research Week: showcasing, celebrating and progressing research at the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.