Industry internships provide you with opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills you’ve developed with genuine, hands-on work experience. They can even lead to other opportunities for work or study and can help you decide the career path you'd like to follow.
The information on this page is for students wishing to enrol in the following subjects:
- AGRI30041: Industry Internship
- AGRI90076: Industry Internship
- AGRI90078: Internship for Agricultural Sciences
- FOOD90036: MFPI Internship
Here's the process to follow:
- DURING THE INTERNSHIP
- Be on time, dress appropriately and behave professionally.
- Ask questions of your colleagues so that you can learn, but also so that you know what is expected of you.
- Know what formal assessment is required of you so that you can complete any on-site tasks and collect any necessary information during the internship.
- At the end of your internship remember to thank your host in person. You may wish to ask them at this point if it is ok for you to contact them to act as a referee at a later date.
- Provide any necessary feedback to the Student Enrichment Officer.
- Ensure that all academic assessments are completed by the set deadlines – the timeframe for this will depend on when you undertake your internship.
Industry internship guidelines
These guidelines are your one-stop shop for understanding the how, what, where and why of your industry placement. Please read each section carefully.