Graduating is just the beginning
From hands-on workshops and conferences to training courses and single subject study, there are many opportunities to develop and expand your skills and keep up with best practice with our FVAS Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs.
To enhance the quality and reputation of veterinarians through relevant and leading edge CPD
Our postgraduate courses in veterinary sciences will equip you with new technical skills and knowledge so you can provide more comprehensive care to your patients.
Delivered fully online, these courses are ideal for vets seeking continuing professional development accreditation and looking to enrich current practice.
With a focus on care of small animals, content is engaging and in-depth. You will learn to integrate new techniques into your own clinical practice instead of relying on specialists – meaning you can deliver more holistic and efficient patient care.
The University of Melbourne is renowned for excellence and as a student you will benefit from expert teaching and academic support.
Mix with experts in the industry, network with fellow professionals and keep up-to-date with the latest thinking and practice
Professional Certificate in Global Wine Studies
This exciting new program introduces participants to the culture and commerce of the global wine industry, via a hands-on field trip through the ultra-premium wine regions of France.
- Experience the culture and traditions of the French wine and food industries first hand.
- Examine the French derivation of the modern wine industry and its influence on the evolution and emergence of new world wine industries.
Postgraduate Certificate in Climate Change for Primary Industries
This one year course is ideal for those working in primary industries, where the impact of climate change is relevant to your work.
- Explore the interdisciplinary nature of primary industries and climate change impacts, mitigation, sequestration and adaptation at an advanced level.
- Build a sound foundation in the scientific and economic principles and analytical skills underpinning responses to climate change.
- Develop your competence in the analysis of complex systems in devising strategies for responding to climate change impacts on agricultural production.
- Expand your critical understanding of environmental, economic, social and ethical factors related to climate change and primary industries in Australia and globally.