General Studies Scholarships
The General Studies Scholarships support students from disadvantaged backgrounds to make the transition to university. These scholarships are designed to contribute to the costs associated with beginning university, such as Student Services and Amenities Fees, books, discipline-specific equipment, and technological devices.
Scholarship Value in 2020
Up to $3000
Duration: One year
Number available: TBC
To be considered for a DIGS scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- meet the criteria for entry to the Diploma in General Studies in 2020; and
- enrol full-time in your course, unless documentary evidence for reasons why you cannot enrol full-time is provided; and
- remain enrolled in the DIGS until after the census date in each semester.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- demonstrate financial need; or
- meet the rural student criteria; or
- be an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander
Preference is given to students from the Hume region.
Deferring your scholarship
Scholarships cannot be deferred and must be taken up in the 2020 academic year.
How to apply
- Applications open: 1 January 2020
- Applications close: 8 March 2020