Ian Roach Family Scholarship
Donated by Mrs Judy Roach to commemorate her family, particularly her husband Ian Roach AO (1925-2003) BAgrSc (1950), formerly Chairman of the Australian Stock Exchange.
If you are commencing as a full-time student in the Bachelor of Agriculture, and can demonstrate academic achievement, financial need and are from rural or regional Australia, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Up to $20,000*
Duration: three years.
$10,000 paid in first year, followed by payments of $2,500 each semester for the subsequent two years.
* based on 2017 prize
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be enrolled to commence full-time study in a Bachelor of Agriculture
- demonstrate academic merit
- be able to demonstrate financial need
- have a permanent address in rural or regional Australia
Terms & Conditions
This scholarship is paid in instalments each semester, after the standard semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications open: Mid-December 2017
- Applications close: 3 March 2018