John James Woodward Rural Prize (application required)
Established by Mrs Philippa Woodward and awarded to a student or students studying agriculture, with a focus on environmental preservation in particular rural and agricultural environments. The Award takes into consideration those who can demonstrate financial need, with preference to students from a rural or regional background.
The late Dr JJ Woodward (MBBS 1935) was a graduate of the University of Melbourne medical school who had a life-long interest in rural and environmental issues.
Duration: one-off payment
Number available: 1
The John James Woodward Rural Prize is open for award annually to a high achieving student or students who are interested in the preservation of the environment, in particular rural and agricultural environments, and are in financial need, with preference to be given to student from a rural or regional background.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled in a Bachelor of Agriculture or a Master of Agricultural Sciences
- meet the rural student requirement
Selection is based on:
- demonstrated academic merit
- demonstrated financial need
- meeting the rural student requirement*
- submission of a statement to show your interest in the preservation of the environment, in particular rural and Agricultural environments. The statement should be between 500-1000 words.
* Please note that preference is given to applicants that meet this requirement.
How to apply
Applications open: 1 January 2021
Applications close: 7 March 2021