Nancy Millis Agricultural Students Scholarship
The Nancy Millis Agricultural Students Scholarship, established in 2010 by an anonymous gift, honours Emeritus Professor Nancy Millis AC MBE (1922-2012), agricultural science alumna, distinguished microbiologist, pioneering biotechnologist, and renowned educator.
If you are commencing a Bachelor of Agriculture or Master of Agricultural Sciences, are from a rural or regional area, and can demonstrate financial need, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Up to $10,000*
Duration: one year
* based on 2018 prize. Amounts can vary depending on entry point.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be commencing study in the Bachelor of Agriculture or Master of Agricultural Sciences
- have a permanent address in a rural area
- be able to demonstrate financial need.
Terms & Conditions
Annual payments are paid in two instalments, after the standard semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
How to apply
- Applications open: Mid-December 2018
- Applications close: 10 March 2019