Warren Thornton Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Ms Betty Thornton to commemorate her brother (George) Warren Thornton (1929-2012), who farmed at Tallygaroopna and was active in the Goulburn Valley community. The donor has a preference for the awardee to be an undergraduate student, from the Goulburn Valley, with an interest in pursuing a career in the dairy industry. Such interest could extend to pasture production, cow nutrition, reproduction and health, calf management, milk harvesting and processing, agribusiness, dairy product marketing, and governance of the dairy industry.
If you are from the Goulburn Valley, commencing or currently studying a Bachelor of Agriculture, and can demonstrate an interest in dairy production, this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Up to $10,000
Duration: standard course duration
Number available: 1
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be enrolled in a Bachelor of Agriculture
Selection is based on,
- being from the Goulburn Valley (preference)
- giving the best account, as determined by the Faculty’s committee responsible for scholarship, of their interest in and commitment to the dairy industry in a written application.
Preference will be given to students at the commencement of their studies, as per the Donor's wishes.
Please note that to apply for this scholarship you will need to provide a statement of your interest in the Dairy Industry. Such interest could extend to pasture production, cow nutrition, reproduction and health, calf management, milk harvesting and processing, agribusiness, dairy product marketing, and governance of the dairy industry. This statement should be no more than 1000 words.
How to apply
- Applications open: 1 January 2021
- Applications close: 14 March 2021