Australian Federal Government Endeavour Grants - Asia Postgraduate Program
The Endeavour Grants Program is an Australian federal government initiative “providing support for more Australian students to study overseas as part of their Australian qualification”.
Asia Postgrad grants are available to support DVM4 students on extramural placements in Japan, Cook Islands, Burma (Myanmar) and Vietnam.
Please note this grant is not currently being offered for 2019
Duration: one-off payment
A Student receiving an Asia Postgraduate Grant must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident (New Zealand citizens are excluded from applying)
- be enrolled in DVM4 (VETS90096)
- not have previously received a STMP grant or an AsiaBound grant, including grants awarded under the previous AsiaBound program
- students must not have received a University of Melbourne Global Mobility grant for the placement
The Extramural placement must:
- be eligible for academic credit for a Clinical Extramural placement. However, students do not need to have an approved placement on EMS prior to applying for a grant. Successful applicants will receive the grant funds once their placement is approved on EMS
- be a minimum of 2 weeks duration (10 working days over a 14-day period)
Terms & Conditions
All destinations must be approved for travel by the University’s Insurance Office.
- The bursary will be awarded based on recommendations of the DVM Scholarship Committee
- Applicants must be in good academic standing (no pending supplementary or special examinations). Academic record may be considered in the selection process
- The bursary recipients in DVM4 may be required to present at Capstone Week
- Grant recipients will have to sign a Student Agreement before receiving the funds
- Preference will be given to students who have not previously received a scholarship or bursary
- Students do not need to have an approved placement on EMS to apply. However, successful applicants will not receive the grant funds until their placement is approved on EMS.
- Students who accept and are paid a grant and later cancel the placement must refund the grant.
- EMS contains many approved enterprises and veterinary practices located in the approved locations – students are encouraged to review these listings.
- Please contact Kate Gordon-Addison with any other questions.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a letter addressing:
- the educational intent of a specific extramural experience and how this experience will enhance the student’s veterinary education
- the potential value to the student of the learning experience.
The letter should be no more than 500 words in length and must not be handwritten. A resume is not required.
Applicants must provide demonstration of socioeconomic/financial hardship.
- Applicants should include a statement of no more than 200 words that details the socioeconomic/financial hardship. The table below shows the types of additional documentation that can also be used to support your application. Please note that family name and address must be on documentation.
|Family Tax Benefit A||Y|
This grant is not available in 2019.