Dr Robert Neville McCarthy Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded by the Faculty of Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences to a student who is enrolling in their final year of the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program.
The donation memorialises the late Dr Robert Neville McCarthy, BVSc, PhD, veterinary scientist and the son of the donors, who died in 1993.
The scholarship is designed to assist the student in preparing their DVM4 research project. Preference will be given to applicants whose research project is focused on equine health and performance.
Up to $5000
Duration: one-off payment
Open to students completing DVM4 in 2021 (applicants will currently be in DVM3). However, preference will be given to applicants whose research project is focused on equine health and performance.
Terms & conditions
- The scholarship will be awarded based on recommendations of the DVM Scholarship Committee.
- The student’s research project must be approved and meet the requirements as prescribed in the 2021 Research Project rotation guide.
- Students must be in good academic standing (no pending supplementary or special examinations). Academic records will not otherwise be considered in the selection process.
- Preference will be given to students with an interest in equine health and performance.
- The scholarship recipients will present their research project to the Class of 2021 during Capstone Week in November 2021
How to apply
Applicants must submit a letter addressing:
- the educational intent of their research project and how this experience will enhance their veterinary education
- the potential value to the student of the learning experience
- the relevance of the experience to the student’s career aspirations.
The letter should be no more than 500 words in length and must not be handwritten.
Applications open: 1 January 2021
Applications close: 7 March 2021