Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Extramural Travel Bursary
The Faculty of Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences is able to provide travel bursaries to assist DVM4 students in meeting the travel, accommodation and living expenses costs of their final year extramural placements. Preference will be given to students who can demonstrate socioeconomic/financial hardship.
These bursaries have been provided through the generous support of Faculty donors.
Up to $2500
Up to 20 will be available (TBC for 2021)
Open to students completing DVM4 in 2021
Bursaries are awarded based on:
i. Demonstration of the potential value to the student of the learning experience
ii. The relevance of the experience to the student’s career aspirations
iii. Demonstration of socioeconomic/financial hardship (preference)
iv. The quality of the application
Terms & Conditions
- Bursary recipients will be expected to conduct a 15 minute oral presentation during Capstone Week describing their placement experiences.
- A report on the placement will be required for the donor
How to apply
- Applicants must submit a statement addressing items i and ii in Eligibility above. The statement should be no more than 500 words in length and must not be handwritten.
- Record your placement in the EMS https://ems-vet.vet.unimelb.edu.au/institutionList.html
- Students must submit an online Student Financial Assessment form and applications will be assessed and ranked by Scholarships & Bursaries (University Services) using the Student Financial Assessment process.
Note: If you receive a travel bursary for your EMS placement and the placement changes you will be required to submit a new statement detailing the new placement.
Applications open: January 1st 2021
Applications close: March 7th 2021