Noble Stewart-Hamilton Scholarship
The Noble Stewart-Hamilton Scholarship was made possible by the generous support from the Estate of Joyce Agnes Stewart-Hamilton (née Noble), who was unable to realise her ambition of becoming a veterinarian.
If you are commencing a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (or accelerated pathway via the third year of the Bachelor of Science [Veterinary Bioscience specialisation]), this scholarship could assist you financially with study and living expenses.
Duration: payment each semester for the standard duration of the course.
* based on 2018 award
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be enrolled to commence study in a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (in either the Animal Health and Disease major [Veterinary Bioscience specialisation] in the third year of the Bachelor of Science, or as a graduate in the first year of the DVM program)
- provide evidence of financial need.
Terms & Conditions
Annual scholarships are paid in two instalments, after the semester one and semester two census dates.
Amounts are payable on a pro-rata basis if enrolment is less than full time*.
* Full-time enrolment constitutes at least 37.5 points in one half-year period.
Students are expected to maintain ‘good standing’ in their course. This means not being identified as at risk of, or making, unsatisfactory progress.
If the recipient fails a subject, payment of the scholarship will be suspended for that semester in which the failure occurs (or for that year of enrolment if the failed subject is a year-long subject). Payment will also be suspended over any period in which the recipient is required to repeat a failed subject. Payment will be terminated if the recipient ceases to be enrolled in the DVM program (including the third year of the BSc undertaking the Animal Health and Disease major).
How to apply
Please note, your personal statement should include an outline of how the scholarship would benefit you in studying Veterinary Science.
- Applications open: Mid-December 2018
- Applications close: 10 March 2019