Wildlife Disease Association (Australasian Section) Conference Bursaries
The Wildlife Disease Association (Australasian Section) Conference Bursaries will be awarded by the Faculty of Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences to two students to be used towards registration, travel and/or accommodation costs to attend the Annual WDA-A Conference.
These bursaries are provided through the generous support of Dr Amanda Jane Breidahl (BVSc 1979).
There are two bursaries of $1,000 each.
To be considered for this award, students must:
- Be enrolled in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Applicants must demonstrate their interest in wildlife health by providing the following documentation:
- a short resume/CV
- a statement (maximum 250 words) describing why they want to attend the WDA-A Conference, and how it will benefit their education
- supplementary documents, such as references or letters of support from wildlife health practitioners or similar, may be provided to support the application.
Applications that do not comply with the above instructions will not be considered.
Eligible candidates are ranked based on:
- responses to the eligibility requirements.
- Academic performance (WAM) may be used as a criterion in selecting the recipient of the bursary
The bursary will be awarded based on recommendations of the FVAS Scholarship Committee. The committee may, as part of its deliberations, consult with experts in the field of wildlife health.
Terms and Conditions
The bursary recipients must
- become student members of WDA-A (if they are not already a member) prior to the annual conference;
- Attend the 2019 WDA-A Annual Conference
- After attending the conference, bursary recipients must prepare and submit a short written report (maximum 250 words) describing how their attendance at the WDA-A annual conference contributed to their understanding of wildlife health as well as their future career plans and opportunities. The report must be submitted via email to the extramural coordinator; a copy will be provided to Dr Breidahl.
An applicant may only be awarded this bursary one time.
How to apply
Applicants must submit the required documentation as listed in the Eligibility section.
Please note this bursary has not been confirmed for 2021
- Applications open: TBC
- Applications close: TBC