Welcome to Kendall Hall
Kendall Hall provides convenient on-campus accommodation options for veterinary science and exchange students, staff, conference and function attendees, visiting academics and short-stay guests.
Why live on campus?
First opened in 1967, Kendall Hall has a distinct feeling of history. It offers comfortable, well equipped accommodation set amongst beautiful gardens and provides a range of benefits:
Convenient location and ample parking
- Kendall Hall is located at the University of Melbourne’s Werribee Campus, on the same site as the University Veterinary Hospital. There is plenty of free on-site parking. The Werribee Campus is located approximately 35kms from the University of Melbourne’s main campus in Parkville and the CBD of Melbourne.
- The site is patrolled as a fully-staffed 24/7 animal emergency and care service operates. Kendall Hall also has two residential supervisors who live on-site. Swipe card access is required for entry into Kendall Hall.
Comfortable, well-equipped rooms
- There are 79 fully-carpeted, heated, non-smoking single rooms, 1 double room with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities and 1 double room with private en-suite and kitchenette. Each single room contains: a bed, a built-in desk, shelves and wardrobe and an office chair. Guests wishing to book a double room must email email@example.com to enquire about availability.
- Three unisex bathroom/toilet facilities are located on each floor. Each bathroom (consisting of 2 showers, 2 toilets and 2 basins) is shared by a maximum of 12 residents when Kendall Hall is at full occupancy. One female only bathroom/toilet facility (consisting of 2 showers, 2 toilets and 2 basins) is located on each floor. Free laundry facilities are also provided.
In 2016, Kendall Hall moved to a self-catering accommodation model. Kitchens have been significantly reconfigured and renovated to allow large numbers of residents to self-cater. Commercial fridges and freezers, ovens and stovetops, dishwashers and microwaves have been included in the renovations. Kitchens are fully equipped with all crockery, cutlery and cooking apparatus so residents only need to supply their food. The new kitchens and dining areas create a vibrant social hub for residents.
Free IT facilities
- Free in-room internet, along with a dedicated telephone number, free local calls and voicemail are provided.
Convenient and quiet study environment
- The library and computer labs are open to students, even after hours. Kendall Hall offers a quiet, study friendly environment.
Recreational facilities onsite
- A fully equipped gymnasium, badminton court and squash court are located on site. There is also a large common room with television, full sized pool table and table tennis table.
Jennifer Lau - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Class of 2018
“The convenience, affordability and culture of Kendall Hall has made my transition to clinical veterinary studies much more enjoyable. Living on campus means that instead of spending long hours commuting daily I can spend more time doing things I enjoy."
Stephanie Anderson - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Class of 2018
"For most of my University life, I have had to commute a long time to get to University, and I have found that the convenience of living on campus has had a huge impact on the amount of free time that I have and has contributed positively to my work-life balance."
Sarah Lei - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Class of 2018
“Living in Kendall Hall is incredibly convenient and safe. It also provides a great opportunity to make new friends without compromising privacy or peace and quiet!”
Jasper Papworth-Norris - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Class of 2018
“Living at Kendall Hall allows me to fully immerse myself in my veterinary degree. From the social aspects to the additional education opportunities held at Werribee, Kendall Hall gives me the comfort and flexibility to live a well-rounded life while still studying at a high capacity."
Vivian Samuel - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Class of 2018
"Along with all the benefits of living in Kendall – NBN internet; laundry, electricity and cleaning included in the cheap price; a lecture theatre that becomes a movie theatre by night – the convenience of living on campus with everything looked after by paid staff is the best stepping stone for those just moving out of home!"
UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE STUDENTS (FVAS)
- Accommodation per week - $160.00/$165.00
- Room hold per week (depends on room availability) - $70.00
INTERNATIONAL VET SCIENCE EXCHANGE STUDENTS ON PLACEMENT AT U-VET AND UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE STUDENTS (OTHER FACULTIES)
- Accommodation per week - $190.00
- Accommodation in single room (with linen) - $255.00
- Accommodation in single room (no linen) - $230.00
- Accommodation in self-contained apartment (with linen) - $320.00
- Accommodation in self-contained apartment (no linen) - $300.00
- Accommodation in single room (with linen) - $70.00
- Accommodation in self-contained apartment (with linen) - $100.00
*Weekly bookings commence on a Sunday and end on a Sunday. Arrivals not before 11am. Departures by 11am.
Kendall Hall is primarily a residence for 3rd and 4th year DVM students, but it is also available for residential schools, short courses and conferences.
It is understood that Veterinary students have an affinity with animals and having a pet enhances the quality of their experience in a Hall of Residence.
Please click on the bookings button to register your interest in accommodation at Kendall Hall.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about Kendall Hall Accommodation for conferences please email – firstname.lastname@example.org