Welcome to Kendall Hall
Kendall Hall provides convenient on-campus accommodation options for veterinary science and exchange students, staff, conference and function attendees and visiting academics.
Why live on campus?
First opened in 1967, Kendall Hall has a distinct feeling of history. It offers comfortable, well equipped accommodation set amongst beautiful gardens and provides a range of benefits:
Convenient location and ample parking
- Kendall Hall is located at the University of Melbourne’s Werribee Campus, on the same site as the University Veterinary Hospital. There is plenty of free on-site parking. The Werribee Campus is located approximately 35kms from the University of Melbourne’s main campus in Parkville and the CBD of Melbourne.
- The site is patrolled as a fully-staffed 24/7 animal emergency and care service operates. Kendall Hall also has two residential supervisors who live on-site. Swipe card access is required for entry into Kendall Hall.
Comfortable, well-equipped rooms
- There are 79 fully-carpeted, heated, non-smoking single rooms, one double room with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities and one double room with private en-suite and kitchenette. Each single room contains: a bed, a built-in desk, shelves and wardrobe and an office chair. Guests wishing to book a double room must email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about availability.
- Three unisex bathroom/toilet facilities are located on each floor. Each bathroom (consisting of two showers, two toilets and two basins) is shared by a maximum of 12 residents when Kendall Hall is at full occupancy. One female only bathroom/toilet facility (consisting of two showers, two toilets and two basins) is located on each floor. Free laundry facilities are also provided.
In 2016, Kendall Hall moved to a self-catering accommodation model. Kitchens have been significantly reconfigured and renovated to allow large numbers of residents to self-cater. Commercial fridges and freezers, ovens and stovetops, dishwashers and microwaves have been included in the renovations. Kitchens are fully equipped with all crockery, cutlery and cooking apparatus so residents only need to supply their food. The new kitchens and dining areas create a vibrant social hub for residents.
Free IT facilities
- Free in-room internet.
Convenient and quiet study environment
- The library and computer labs are open to students, even after hours. Kendall Hall offers a quiet, study friendly environment.
Recreational facilities on-site
- A fully equipped gymnasium, badminton court and squash court are located on-site. There is also a large common room with television, full sized pool table and table tennis table.